ESTMA, the Estonian Maritime Agency was established on May 18, 1990 as the first privately owned maritime logistics agency in the Former Soviet Union.
Today, ESTMA is one of Estonia’s largest enterprises in its field of business, offering a wide range of shipping, logistics and foreign trade services.
Throughout years we managed to develop successful and mutually beneficial business relations and devoted service to our customers.
- 1990, May 18 ESTMA founded and is the first privately owned maritime agency in the Former Soviet Union
- 1991 ESTMA starts to operate in the Port of Pärnu, offering ship agency, chartering, and freight forwarding services
- 1994 ESTMA Terminal Ltd starts operations to offer full bonded warehouse services
- 1995 ESTMA becomes the shareholder of Port of Pärnu
- 1997, June 17 ESTMA expands it’s operations in Latvia, SIA ESTMA starts operations in port of Riga, offering port agency, worldwide freight forwarding, warehousing, customs broker and airfreight services
- 1998 ESTMA acquires Hara, a former Soviet Navy port in Estonia
- 1999 All business units of ESTMA qualify for ISO 9001 Certificate for global logistics
- 1999, October 8 starts partnership cooperation with Steinweg Handelsveem B.V. one of the leading freight forwarders in the world
- 2000, May 18 ESTMA celebrates it’s first successful decade
- 2000 ESTMA starts acting as a Shore Excursion Agency for cruise ships
- 2002 ESTMA expands its operations to provide Airfreight services
- 2003 ESTMA expands it’s operations in Latvia, SIA ESTMA starts operations in ports of Ventspils and Liepaja, offering port agency, worldwide freight forwarding and travel services
- 2003 ESTMA expands it’s co-operation with “SDV International Logistics” group and becomes authorised agent of “SDV International Logistics” group in Estonia and Latvia
- 2004 SIA ESTMA in Latvia becomes a member of NALSA — National Association of Shipbrokers and Shipping Agents.
- 2004, August ESTMA OU expands it’s port agency operations in Estonia and starts operations in port of Sillamae, offering port agency, worldwide freight forwarding services, customs broker and airfreight services
- 2004 ESTMA expands it’s operations in Russia, OOO ESTMA Russia starts operations in Moscow and port of St.Petersburg
- 2005 ESTMA expands it’s operations in Russia, in cooperation with reliable local partner ESTMA starts operations in port of Kaliningrad, offering port agency services
- 2005, November ESTMA expands it’s operations in Russia, OOO ESTMA Russia starts operations in Ekateriburg
- 2006, July ESTMA expands it’s operations in Lithuania, UAB ESTMA starts operation in port of Klaipeda, Kaunas and Vilnius
- 2006 ESTMA Travel department expands it’s operations in Baltic states and starts with incoming tourism activities
- 2007 UAB ESTMA in Lithuania becomes a member of LLMAA — The Lithuanian Shipbrokers and Agents Association
- 2007, May ESTMA Terminal Ltd. in Tallinn opens new covered warehouse increasing total owned covered storage area capacity of warehouse complex up to 7500 sqm
- 2007, September 29 ESTMA expands it’s operations in China, ESTMA China starts operations in Beijing
- 2007 ESTMA Airfreight department staff fully certified as per IATA requirements and applying for IATA Cargo Agent certificate.
- 2010, May 18 — Celebrating 20 years
- 2011 ESTMA closes its operations in Ekaterinburg, Russia and Beijing, China
- 2013 ESTMA opens its office in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- 2016, October ESTMA expands its operations in Russia, OOO ESTMA Russia starts operations in port of Primorsk
- 2017 ESTMA actively moves into business Real Estate market acquiring several offices and office buildings and business land for further development. Throughout the years of office, warehouse and hotel engagement all necessary to our business, we have come to understanding that business property is also a major part of the logistics process and a useful for enterprise diversification
- 2018 MV MPP Annamaria starts its operations
- 2018 ESTMA begins Real Estate cooperation with RIMI
- 2019 ESTMA acquires land plot in Riga for stock office and warehouse development
- 2019 MV MPP Gala has its maiden voyage
- 2019 ESTMA successfully renders to 80% of cruise ships in Tallinn
- 2019 ESTMA signs Hotel Management Agreement with Hyatt International
- 2020, April ESTMA is the appointed ship agent in the port of Ust-Luga
- 2020, May May ESTMA is appointed as the representative of the Icelandic Eimskip Line
- 2020, May ESTMA opens its doors for services in the Southern part of Russia in ports of Novorossiysk and Rostov-on-Don
- 2020, May 18 ESTMA becomes 30 years young
- 2020, June 13 ESTMA purchases land for further Hotel and Office Development
- 2023 ESTMA starts Hyatt Place Tallinn Hotel construction
- 2023 ESTMA purchased its 3rd MPP Vessel Minnesota
Our experience is multiplied, filtered through our history, formed traditions, day-to-day practice, organisational order and channeled by our team into continuous potential.
Besides Services in Estonia ESTMA has companies and representations with operations in:
RUSSIAN FEDERATION, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, KAZAKHSTAN, and the UK with the worldwide partner network at hand.
ESTMA team consists of experienced and attentive people with unique professional qualification in air freight, forwarding, maritime services and real estate.
Along with management who endow the company greatly for many years, there are new, talented and energetic personnel applying their knowledge and skills to render agile personalized service.
ESTMA provides contracts for air, rail, road, sea and multimodal transportation generating the most effective solution for cargo to reach its destination safely.
The goal is to provide our customers with a full complex of up-to-date, quality, technological, proactive services and business solutions at high standards always and everywhere.
Quality and Environmental Safety
It is important for us to supply professional service for all the activities that support our customer during the supplier-customer exchange. This includes all pre-sale, sale and post-sale activities.
All business units of ESTMA are qualified for ISO 9001:2015 Certificate for global logistics. This certificate forms the basis for flexible and correctly organized internal procedures and service to our customers.
ESTMA is an associated member of IATA (The International Air transport Association), BIMCO (The Baltic and International Maritime Council) and Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, NALSA (Latvian National Association of Shipbrokers and Shipping Agents) which all have recognized the outstanding performance of the company in the freight forwarding market over the years.
Strict compliance with health and safety requirements.
In addition we safeguard our operations by insuring our and the risks of third pretties involved with Freight forwarders insurance, Public Liability Insurance Certificate and alike.
Getting the service right every time is the single most important activity.
At ESTMA you will meet dedicated, persistent people with the right attitude.
We are sure we can find a solution suitable for your business.
Our highly experienced specialists are ready to answer your inquiry ASAP!