The freight forwarder plays a key role in optimized logistics. Therefore reliability, timescale and cost are the main service criteria at ESTMA. We organize and co-ordinate worldwide cargo transport, provide “door-to-door” service, and arrange rail, road, air and marine transport.
We provide solutions for receiving, handling, and warehousing tasks as well as arrange custom clearance, insurance, tally and survey of cargo either independently or with assistance of our partners.
ESTMA offers you the shortest transit time available, reliable services, accessibility to the required destinations, capability to fill your unique demands and security of your goods.
The objectives of our customers are to reduce lead times and improve information flows, to boost overall company efficiency and quality, and to simplify administrative routines. Here is where ESTMA comes into play – all in one service.
- Door-to-door delivery by truck, ship, air, rail
- Multimodal logistics
- Cargo consolidation
- Documentation handling
- Railway forwarding to/ from the Baltic States and C.I.S.
- Bonded warehousing, cold storage
- Reefer container warehousing
- Project cargo
- Customs clearance
- Insurance of cargo
- Packing / Repacking
- Standard and reefer container repairing
- Quality and quantity control Insurance
Worldwide door-to-door container service by sea, road and rail.
- Fixed FCL/ LCL services by liner vessels throughout world
- European transport services to/ from all EU and non-EU countries
- FCL/ LCL services by truck and rail to/ from the Baltic States C.I.S.
All types of cargoes accepted in different containers:
- 20’/40′ standard or HC dry
- Open top/ hard top
- Reefer/ insulated
- Flat/ platform
- LCL is a flexible and cost-effective option for transporting smaller, less time-critical shipments between the world’s major ports and distribution hubs.
- This flexible shipping method is suitable for everything from a small parcel to a large shipment. The advantage is that you can get your goods on their way as soon as they are ready, instead of having to wait until your goods fill a complete container or any other transport (airplane, truck, etc.).
- Depending on the route, destination, and requirement, shipping via LCL may be more costly than FCL, so contact ESTMA to obtain a quote.
- In an LCL shipment, different shippers share a transport. When cargo volume is not enough to fill a full container, an LCL shipment is usually cheaper, since the cost of shipping a full transport is shared.
- The customer only needs to pay for the space that they need to use since the transport is shared with other shipments. You can ship fewer goods more frequently, reducing overheads and warehousing space. Particularly suited to non-urgent cargoes.
- Air shipments are charging either by the gross weight or the volume weight, whichever is higher. Whereas the ocean LCL is charging fees per cubic meter (or per 1,000 kg whichever is higher), making it a more economical option for shipments that are small yet heavy given that
Rail transport has been one of the priority areas of activity of the company ESTMA for more than 10 years already. Due to the excellent location of the offices in the ports of Riga, Tallinn and Klaipeda the Company receives cargo moving from the countries of the European Community, North and South America, China and others, and performs their further transportation by railways to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Mongolia and others.
The range of railway services
- Availability of own wagons
- Provision for the transportation of the customer’s cargo of any kind of rolling stock, both using the general railway fleet and involving the own fleet: universal flatcars and well cars, gondolas and boxcars, transporters and special-purpose cars
- Consolidating / restuffing of cargo and dispatch by conventional rail transport
- Organization of all the paper work necessary for quick shipment from the point of loading to the destination station
- Calculation of rates of any type and complexity – solutions for multimodal transportation, oversized cargo, and dangerous goods
- Payment of railway tariffs thanks to direct agreements with railways, as well as cooperation with forwarding companies in all countries with the wheel track of 1520 and 1430
- Rail wagon route tracing
ESTMA railway experience includes
- transportation of goods requiring special conditions – canned products, beverages
- diplomatic cargoes and cargoes en route for embassies
- veterinary cargoes – animal feed, feed additives
- dangerous goods and cargoes requiring escort by attendants of consignor/consignee
- oversized cargo, including on open rolling-stock
- sensitive goods – cosmetics, confectionery, medications and humanitarian aid
We offer fixed products and special individually tailored solutions to suit needs of our customers depending on time limitations, size and nature of the specific cargo, as well as route and transport choice.